Sunday, April 3, 2011

DMF 203 Symbols

Here they are!




Favorite Non-Computer Game

My favorite non-computer game is the board game Monopoly. There are a ton of really amazing board games out there today, but perhaps I can attribute my love for this game to exposure I had to it when I was really young. Almost everybody grew up playing Monopoly with their family, and I'm no exception. The rules are easy to understand, the goal is clear, and there is a lot of decision making required throughout the game. There are tons of different incarnations of Monopoly, but the original (Board Walk, Park Place, etc) is generally what comes to mind. The property names and colors along with the unique playing pieces (I'm always the car!) have become very iconic over the years.

The game I create probably won't have anything to do with Monopoly. However like in Monopoly, I will try to give it iconic elements that aren't overcomplicated and will stick in the minds of players. A Flash game should be very "pick up and play." As soon as you over-complicate it, you lose the people who would rather be playing Call of Duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment