Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Project 2: Collage








More to come...


It's no question that Miyamoto was and still is a legend within the game industry. What makes him unique and an excellent game designer in my opinion is his passion for fun, family-oriented games that stand up against the modern "heavyweights" like Call of Duty, Halo, Grand Theft Auto, etc. His games are proof that you don't need to shoot people to have fun. And while I and many others disagree with the some of the hardware design choices and lack of "core" titles from Nintendo, Miyamoto still manages to impress time and time again.

The article discusses Miyamoto's fascination with caves when he was young and how that translated into some of his game design. I think that's a pretty good model to follow. There are tons of elements from places I've been and experiences that I've had that could translate into a game or some aspect of a game. When I was in high school, I also wanted to create a virtual replica of the school using the Source engine. Who knows, maybe someday I still will!

No comments:

Post a Comment